Friday, February 10, 2012

Flirtatious Doily Flower Greeting

Happy Friday,

I love the weekends, especially when they are 3 day weekends! Both this week and next are, I need the extra day with no alarm,lol.....already I am longing for spring break, a whole week, no, 10 days off :)
Today I want to share with you a greeting with a flower focal point, I made using the die cut doily sheets in the 'Flirtatious' DSP pk.


To begin I carefully cut away one of the doily's from the die cut sheet, there is a variety of shapes and designs, cut it away so it looks like a small complete doily when done. Then I used a dauber and 'soft suede' ink on the doily edges, if you lay it on a piece of paper it's easier. Set the doily aside, then using the fancy flower punch, punch out 2 flowers, I used 'Flirtatious' DSP, then I used the vanilla lined DSP and punched out 1 doily flower with the 3-way punch. Use the dauber and 'soft suede' on the edges of all the punched flowers. Then use something round (like a knitting needle or crochet hook) and curl up the edges of the fancy flower shapes and the doily piece.
Now just assemble using a brad, I used 'enchanted', the doily goes on the bottom then the 2 fancy flowers, then the small doily flower. I used small ribbon to create a bow that I attached like leaves.
I love the look of the flower, I think they would also work well on scrapbook pages, they are kind of large, but that also works well for a simple, quick, but fabulous card front.
Enjoy and have a fantastic weekend!
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Papercraftingstamper