Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy mistake Side Closing Greeting with Petal Parade

Hello Papercrafters, 

Happy Friday!  Well I'm so happy the telephone repair guys came early, actually yesterday afternoon, but hey that's 2 days earlier than they had originally said they would be here........so yea we have the internet back again!!!  While they were fixing it I went to watch my daughter play some varsity softball, the weather was great, I was in short sleeves.....seems like spring is arriving early this year, for California anyway. 

The card I'm sharing today is using the petal parade set from the SAB, only available through March 31, 2014, now my card base is actually an accident that I played with and made work, I just had my paper lined up in the wrong spot and of course I didn't notice until I had already scored it, so I decided to create a flap at the end and add a closure........I used 2 buttons and some twine attached to one button, you just twist the twine around the other button to keep closed.
The cs was cut at 4 1/4" x 10"  then scored at 5 1/2 " and 7/8"

My happy mistake turned out kind of cute, I think I will try using this design again only perhaps rounding the corners, I also think it would be awesome with a pocket inside for holding a gift card, more work for the design dept. :)

And here it is opened fully .........

Here is a list of my supplies:

pool party cs-122924
petal parade stamp set- w 133599 or c 133602 from the SAB get free w/$50.purchase!
happiest birthday wishes stamp set- retired
rhinestones- 119246
twine lucky limeade- retired
inks:  summer starfruit-126991
          coastal cabana-131175
          pear pizazz-131180
          buttons- retired

I hope you liked it, I think it turned out pretty good for starting with a mistake :) 

Thank you for stopping by, I have another card I will be sharing tomorrow,  I made it using some of my new supplies! 

Have a wonderful day!

Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Papercraftingstamper