Thursday, September 5, 2013

Glitter Queens Hop Day 3 Favor Me Spooky


Hello Papercrafters,

Welcome to Day 3 of our Glitter Queen's Blog Hop! .....I can't believe it's already day 3, these hops always go by so fast, must be because there so much fun! 

Today I have favors to share with you, I love Halloween and treat favors of all sorts are extremely popular for this spooky day, and since I still have school age children they are something my girls always want me to make and take to their school parties.  I had a idea and decided to create a mini envelope then decorate it all spooky like and fill with candies....ok I love these little favors because not only are they super fun and easy to make, they are also super cute and hold several candies.


I am working a  video showing how I created them and will be sharing that on Friday when I announce my blog candy winner!  

But for now basically I just made a mini envelope starting with a piece of cs 5" x 5" and using the diagonal scoring plate score all sides at  2 1/4", then fold and using adhesive seal, I flipped the top flap to the back and attached a piece of ribbon with a staple.  Then just decorate and fill!  I used the 'Witches Brew'dsp and the 'Halloween Hello' & 'Halloween Bash' stamp sets, plus our new halloween glitter and 'Witches Brew' washi tape.

 These favors are the small box that holds the mini hershey's candy bars.....I know they are a blast from the past, but they still remain a favorite to make and give so I decided to make an updated version with our current dsp and stamps, I created a band for them to close then I decorated the band and added some glitter....don't you just love that bat, the bat and the witch on the broom are my favorite stamps from that set.



And last but not least I have a cone shaped favor, once sealed they end up kind of flat but would still hold something like mints, jelly beans, jewelry or other small gifts.  The picture show 2  sizes the larger cone is made with a 6" x 6" piece of dsp the small is made with a 4" x 4" piece.  

 

I used the same dsp and stamp set as on the other favors.   If you come back on friday I will have a video showing how I created all of the favors, so please come back on Friday!; you know you want to learn how there made :)

Don't forget I have BLOG CANDY!   Follow my blog and leave a comment and you just might win the 'Halloween happiness' stamp!  Winner will be announced on Friday!

Thank you so much for visiting and joining our GQ Blog Hop, I hope you were as inspired as I was!  There will be another hop next month be sure to watch for the details!
Now on to Jan's Blog.........

In case you get lost along the way here is a complete list of all the Glitter Queens..

1.  Dawn G   

2.  Jennifer K  Previous       

3.  Tamara G    You are here!

4.  Jan M    Next

5.  Ronnel S  

6.  Dee S     

7.  De W 


11 comments:

  1. Cant wait until Friday excited about the video. Super cute party favors. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping back Friday for the video..thanks! Love the Hershey boxes... as well as the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the cute Halloween ideas. I have 10 grandchildren ranging in age from 1 month to13 years and am not into the frightening things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making favors and treat holders. Thanks for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with the new stamp set. Really cute "labels"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tamara, Awesome Favors. I l love the little boxes with the Hershey Bars. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your treat ideas. They will come in handy to make goodies for my grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I LOVE the little hershey's holder. I'm going to case that for my coworkers treat. So very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I have a video for the hershey's holders on my blog now, if you need any details let me know I will share them! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for Papercraftingstamper