Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Colorful Petite Petals parade card set with Box

Hello Papercrafters, 

Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week is going well so far....I have been spending some much needed time doing some domestic work, I procrastinate far too often when it comes to housework and hide in my crafty fortress instead, lol, so I have been getting rid of some clutter, washing windows, purging old, stained or torn, or doesn't fit anymore clothes from the girls room.......I was joking with my husband and told him "I'm really worn out, I'm not used to doing this much housework, lol" 

Seriously it's not that bad....most of the clutter is just a lot of laziness and not wanting to put away what was gotten out, ugh,  I thought girls were supposed to be neater than that, I'm hoping some day they will grow out of it :)

Today I am excited to share this Boxed Set I created...........it started with one card that I cased from my upline....Thank you Dawn!  Anyway I loved the card, made my own but changed it up a bit, then decided to re-create it in a few colors with different sentiments, then I thought they need a box...............so the result is a beautiful box with 4 greetings.  This set would make a great gift and of course when emptied the box could be refilled. 

I ended up creating a card in coastal cabana, baked brown sugar, pistachio pudding, and pink pirouette.  The sentiments include a Thank you, a Happy Birthday, a Hello, and a Just for you. 

I love the look and the technique, I'm picturing some other images that would also work well :) 

 

The flowers I used were a combination of the 'petal parade' and 'petite petals' I used a blender pen and ink to paint the brown sugar flowers, I love how they turned out....can't wait to get my hands on the new blender pens SU is coming out with :)

That ruffled ribbon is just the right accent to the scallop circles.....ruffled ribbons are on my favorites list! 

Here's my list of supplies:

white cs #100730
coastal cabana cs # 131297
baked brown sugar cs # 131296
pistachio pudding cs # 131294 
pink pirouette cs # 111351
petite petals bundle # 134822 clear  # 134821 wood~from Occasions
petal parade # 133599 wood~ from SAB
fresh prints dsp stack # 132996~from Occasions
rhinestones # 119296
pearls #119247
ruffle ribbon coastal cabana #130024
Peachy Keen #133110 wood  # 133113 clear~from Occasions
Petite pairs # 128706 wood #122497 clear
Lots of thanks # 129687 wood # 129690 clear 
Remembering your Birthday # 131350 clear # 131347 wood
plus I used some bits of these retired sets:  Happy Greetings, Vintage verses, and Perfect words.

If you enjoyed this project, then I invite you to come back, I am creating a video tutorial of the card and box :) I hope to have it done and ready for viewing Friday or Saturday.  All of my videos are always available to view at my You tube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/papercraftsbytamara

Stop by anytime!

Thanks for stopping by, Have a great day!

Tamara 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for Papercraftingstamper